Saturday, May 21, 2016

Address unknown? PROTEST POINT!!!

I thought long and hard about writing about this. I was thinking that an official rant would make me feel better, let me purge the frustration, the anger, etc... but there is was thing that I am being cautious about, not to protect the privacy of those involved (cough), but because I found a serious flaw in how one of our basic fundamentals of communication works, and because I didn't bring it upon myself, I can't fix it. I basically now understand why identity theft is such a concern here, as I found the weak link. It is the postal service and how they handle address changes. TSA requires more to get on a plane than the postal service does to change your address. So while I am being the responsible person, trying to find out when and how to go about forwarding my mail to my new home next month, I am going to leave you with this... someone (who will remain unnamed) was able to do that for me, only he forwarded my mail to the OTHER WOMAN, his new woman..., and the PO won't let me undo it because I didn't create the order. I have to wait 2 weeks to open an investigation and the only recourse I have would be to contact anyone and everyone that would be sending me snail mail and have them change my name to something other... ! WAIT? WHAT?  I had been doing that anyway, but in the slow, calculated way that you would handle a good puzzle, thinking about how one step will affect the next.  BTW it was my bank manager that encouraged me to consider that! He told me to consider this as a process, with very specific steps that have an order to them and if that order is mis-stepped at any point in the chain, regaining the ground can be more than tedious. Pete, my rant is done, and now I feel better and that was yesterday so I am officially moving on and letting it go!!!

Just one more thing? What are the chances the PO will pay my late fees?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, Remember you are always beautiful! Believe in yourself and you will move mountains.